Thursday, April 8, 2010

Macy's Blessing

Good Morning! These boys obviously need haircuts. hehe!


Its blurry but he was loving finding all the eggs. Jade was wondering if she could eat them.

Jax is a goofball. Never once would he look at the camera. Look at the forehead on my noggin. Oh my! But on a good note, Macy's blessing dress she is wearing was MY blessing dress 23, almost 24, years ago. My late Grandma Mogle made it. Its sure special to me.

This last weekend was filled with fun! We didn't make it to Goblin Valley (Taylor had to work..boooooo!!) but we did get to see everyone. Everyone meaning the Mogle Family. Sunday morning was Easter. The bunny left some cute farm animal shaped eggs hidden around the house. Jax is getting too smart for the Easter Bunny's hiding techniques. He found them pretty darn quick. We then went to Grandpa's and ate some Easter Breakfast. It was yummy and fun to sit and b.s. with everyone. Macy got to see a lot of her family for the first time at the breakfast. After shoving our faces with waffles, we preceded home to get ready for Macy's blessing. Of course Taylor's pants were dirty. Thought they were clean but they had sat on a shelf that wasn't cleaned off before placing them on it so the whole one pant leg was filthy. Nice. He wore jeans and a nice button up shirt. It was all good though. As for Jax, he wore jeans too. He has grown out of the nice khakis that I swear I just bought him. Oh well. They looked handsome, it was a sweet and simple blessing.

Now for the blessing. My Grandpa Mogle has blessed me, my siblings, Jax and now Macy. With Jax, he called him 'Braxton' in the blessing. haha. Gotta love him. He had to redo it. So with Macy, I have been telling him her name LOUD and CLEAR each and every time I have seen him or talked to him within the last couple weeks.... MACY M-A-C-Y TAYLOR LEAKE L-E-A-K-E........ That morning at the breakfast, I wrote it down for him. Or it may have even been the night before. Anyway...The blessing began with a great prayer from Aunt Susie and leading by Bishop Jensen. It was between conference sessions so Bishop and one of his counselors, Brother Sanders, came and conducted the blessing. It was nice. So..my Grandpa and priesthood holding Uncles got in the circle and my Grandpa began to speak... LACY Taylor Leake. The Uncles "It's Macy" one uncle called her "Gracie". LOL! Good ol' Grandpa. He fixed it and proceeded to give her an amazing blessing. Bishop Jensen then gave a few words and spoke of Christ and his resurrection, it being Easter and all. It was very nice. I want to thank all of those who came and participated. My favorite part about it was that Macy wore my blessing dress...and my Grandma Mogle made it. Thank you Grandma. We love and miss you. This month it will be 7 years since you passed. Continue to watch over us.

We then went back to the Mogle Home and had some fun! Laughed, told stories, ate! After being there and hearing the things that were spoken, Taylor may leave me. haha. My uncles can be groosum (spelling?). Babe, you are a trooper to handle it all so well. Oh my family is great. I love them so so much. I love when we are all there. Taylor loves them and loves how close and strong of a family they are. Welcome to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment