Friday, March 5, 2010

My Family is Growing :)

Hello Everyone! This is our family's blog :) I had a blog that I started when it was just me & Jax but its not just us anymore so the name of it didnt fit. We have Taylor & Macy now too :)
Speaking of Macy, she is just 5 weeks old. She is such a great blessing to us. She was born on January 27, 2010 at 12:37 pm. That was after about 29 hours of labor. Not fun but so worth it. We went to the dr on Monday Jan 25 and we agreed to start me the next morning. I went in at 7 am. They started me on the pitocin right away. Contractions were not far behind. I wasn't making much progress throughout the day. The epidural was put in some time within the madness. It didnt go so well. The first shot of medicine helped a little so they did more and that helped so I couldnt feel the contractions. But it wore off QUICK! By the end of the day, I had gone from barely a 3 to a definite 3...so not much at all. Dr Willden ordered the cervadil to be put it for the night. The pitocin was taken off and the epidural drip as well (not that it was working). I didnt sleep at all. Contractions kept on coming. That next morning, I had efaced a little and was barely a 4. They hooked the pitocin back up after taking the cervadil out that morning. Contractions were killing me. Epidural didnt work. The dr broke my water and that kicked my body into gear. They had the emergency c-section on call due to the cord being around Macy's neck a couple times. If her heart rate were to go out of wack during delivery, they would have to take her out via c-section. But she did really well. I got to a 10 and started pushing at 12. She was here at 12:36. Delivery went great!!! LABOR did not. Macy was due February 11 but we started 2 weeks early due to toxemia and the cord being around her neck. Her lungs worked great from day one. Loud and clear!




This is me BEFORE everything began :)
Macy Taylor Leake 7 lbs 8 oz 19 1/4 in long.

Taylor cut the cord. Im surprised his hands were able to grasp onto anything after me squeezing them for a day and a half. Love you babe :) I kept asking him if we was ok with it all (after the pushing and delivery actually started) cause his momma told me he may turn white or pass out. Not a glimpse of paleness. He did great :) it was so nice to have him there. My mom held my left hand (just like she did with Jax) and my AMAZING nurse Pauline was on my right. I absolutely LOVED Pauline. She was absolutely amazing. Thanks Pauline :)

2 comments:

  1. ah, that labor sounded horrible! glad she came out healthy and strong! she is beautiful! so random question because this is my first...how many ultrasounds do you typically have in a pregnancy? i can't wait to find out what i'm having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your family! I am so happy for you guys. Hope you are all doing well.
    love ya
    hopefully we'll see you for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete